Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Has anyone heard anything more than the official party line (Corel.com) about Microsofts huge cash infusion into Corel? What is the Net project that Microsoft is pushing? Something about delivering online (??) that Corel is supposed to develop...
    Think we should all run and buy the last, true Corel version before Microsoft "improves" it??
    IP

Has anyone heard anything more than the official party line (Corel.com) about Microsofts huge cash infusion into Corel? What is the Net project that Microsoft is pushing? Something about delivering online (??) that Corel is supposed to develop...
    Think we should all run and buy the last, true Corel version before Microsoft "improves" it??
    IP

Ranch Hand

That news has probably caused more traffic on Corel and Linux related sites than any announcement this year.

The corel_chat newsgroup on the cnews.corel.ca is full of speculations with a majority saying that it was enevitable and hoping for the best.

But as for the Linux crowd, just take a look at slashdot.org the vitriol is really flowing.

Funnily enough at the end of August I was mentioning Corel's sad state of affairs and my fears for Draw and in particular Ventura, he said why wouldn't Microsoft be interested, they don't have a vector or bitmap illustration application and you can hardly call Publisher a professional application so with Ventura these three products alone would complement Microsoft's offerings.

Still we are definitely in 'Interesting times' as the Chinese would say.

Peter

Write something memorable and live forever - anonymous
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Well, Peter, I must agree with you. Microsoft may be the business giant of the computing world, but Bill doesn't have much in the way of artistic acumen. Anything Microsoft has produced artistically has been, at best, an attempt. Their last fiasco was Liquid Motion. Frontpage was great until Dreamweaver came along and blew them off the shelves (I am a Frontpage veteran).
    I still hope they won't put their fingerprints on a darn good draw program.
    ranchhand
    IP