Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question highlight menu according to current page

Hi

The menus in the XWD Templates will highlight when you MouseOver them but (as far as i've seen) do not allow for the current page's menu option to be coloured differently. For example on the Home page I'd like to see the Home menu option stay highlighted, the Contact page have the Contact menu option stay highlighted etc.

The Menu's MouseOff layer can't be changed because this is a repeating object so any change reflects on all pages.

I have a solution by creating a standalone object on the MouseOff layer which is a highlighted copy of the relevant page's menu option and sits directly over the original. Is there a better was to do this?
    IP

Default Re: highlight menu according to current page

You can apply the highlight fill to the button on the mouse off layer rather than use a duplicate.

See the attached .web file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

That idea sort of works, Bill, if you properly darken the right mouseoff buttons, on the right pages (see attached .web file). The fact that each page is unique means that you can't use the 'Update repeating objects' function without getting screwed up results.

Quote Originally Posted by "gpholman"[/quote
    The Menu's MouseOff layer can't be changed because this is a repeating object so any change reflects on all pages.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Thanks Curtis....I should read the complete posts before replying.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

[shrug]It seems that in order to have the tabs/buttons reflect a behavior beyond 1) static (mouseOff), and 2) mouseOver, a third state might be supported ... something like a layer called "currentState". Something that both "Repeat on all pages" and "Update repeating objects" would respect. [/end.shrug]
    IP