Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Publish doesn't update

Trying out this fantastic new design tool on a new project and am rapidly becoming convinced I can use this for most of the development work I do. Publishing is another matter. I export the website to my hard drive and use the XWD publish tool but the page is not updating when I refresh the browser. I've checked to ensure I am pointed at the right file folder on the server. Using dreamweaver ftp I am able to update the file. I assume that design changes require the css to be uploaded and assume that XWD should do this when I publish. What am I missing in using XWD to publish?
    IP

Default Re: Publish doesn't update

Check your folder on the server and make sure you do not have two index files. An index.html file takes precidence over an index.htm file and browsers will load the html file.
    IP

Just a single htm file in the server folder. I see on my ftp utility that the time stamp on the file does not update in the browser when I publish from XWD, even when I click the ftp server refresh button. I edited and uploaded the file in dreameweaver and see the updated file in the browser. Again I double checked that the file was being sent to the same folder in XWD and dreamweaver. I'm stumped - any ideas? This is just a test file to learn XWD but I would like to solve this issue so I can go fully into XWD and not have to depend on dw.
    Last edited by DocRock; 01 April 2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: grammer correction
    IP

In the Publish settings 'Sub-folder' (Optional) you may need to enter /public_html in order for the files to be located in the root of your hosted space.

All hosted sites I manage require this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	public_html.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	58547  
    IP

Many thanks - entering /public_html/staging as the subfolder did the job.
    IP