Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A must for next version of Xtreme Pro

Hi, I think Xara Xtreme Pro is a fantastic software but there are a couple of things that I think is a must for the next version.

1. Able to make real PDF/X documents (with a number of standard colour profiles)
    2. Work with CMYK properly (as in Illustrator)
    3. Make real EPS that can be open/used in Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator direct.

As a Web/RGB program there is no software that are near Xtreme but
    for professional printing I need this, would love to uninstall Illustrator soon...

I will easy pay a lot of extra money for a version with this.

/Andreas

Default Re: A must for next version of Xtreme Pro

Hi Andreas,

I have moved your thread the the Dear Xara.. forum where these kind of requests belong.

I'd recommend you also familiarize yourself with the purpose of this forum.

Hi Andreas,
    I could not agree with you more!
    You mention colour profiles this might be difficult to obtain in XPro as the way it uses RGB before you export to PDF. You can use custom ICC profiles for myself when there is a lot of bitmaps in my export I use FOGRA profiles which I have imported into the drivers area of the programme.
    CMYK again is going to be difficult to improve for the same reasons but you never know. The thing that I have learned over the years that Charles listens to the users and tries to incorporate their suggestions if like yours they are what many people want.
    The ESP module is very old but I can't think of a time now when I would want to use this module with before using PDF as PS and ID both can import PDF.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Photoshop will import Xara EPS files now perfectly, it is my preferred file type from Xara to Photoshop. All you have to do is use the place command from Photoshop’s menu and the EPS file will import as a smart object.