Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Freehand frenzy Challenge

This challenge is called a "Freehand Frenzy".
    And the idea is to use a vector program in much the same way you would sketch something with a pencil on paper!

The basic idea is that I think it would be cool if people could submit a piece based on one of their own personal photos done totally with the freehand tool (or sketch tool of any application provided they follow the rules)...and without importing any art...ie totally by eye....

The idea here is that the aim of the exercise is to help develop peoples use of vector as an art medium...instead of the more common methods we all know of using raster art as a background and doing tracings manually....

I would call it a "Freehand Frenzy" LOL....

The rules are:
    1. must be from own photography or photo....(to personalize it)
    2. art must not be inserted into the program (all reference to art to be by eye only...this is the whole point of this exercise)
    3. the only input tool allowed would be the freehand tool (or your program's sketch tool)
    4. no node editing, angle constriction or snapping allowed, (this is a freehand exercise)
    5. no moving of objects allowed (the idea is to get "sketchy" and build the picture up...like you would with a pencil on paper)
    6. as little deleting as possible (preferably no deleting objects...90% of all objects created must be at least partially visible in the finished design...
      i.e the idea here is to encourage people to let loose and not worry about weather or not they are being EXACT...this is about free wild sketching and building the image up...

it is expected that perhaps people might sketch initially in a pale colour to feel out the image and get the proportions sorted and then start building the image up from there.....

Of course people would be allowed to use gradiated blends, transparency, feathering and blurring ETC...but any object that is created must be done manually with the freehand tool....

Thanks for your patience let me know what you think of...
    Freehand Frenzy
    Last edited by remi; 31 March 2009 at 01:32 AM.