Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Single background image

I am thinking about purchasing Xara for a couple website I have to build but I have a question first. I have searched the post and didn't find exactly what I need. I have an image that we want to use as the background. Is it possible to do this without the tiling. The image would be the same on every page and buttons and text would be placed on top.

Just to give you an idea, it is an photo taken from inside a rat rod and we want the dash and visor to be visible, so it looks as thou you are in the car. Everything I have seen talks about using the templates or tiling an image.
    IP

Default Re: Single background image

That can be done, just check out the Beginner's Video Guide and it will show you a rectangle as a background image: http://www.xara.com/uk/products/webd...torials-demos/.

And welcome.
    IP

I have an image that we want to use as the background. Is it possible to do this without the tiling.
    Welcome to TG Forums,

There is an undocument script available that you put into a placeholder somewhere on your page for the result you need.

<script type="text/javascript">function xr_rx(){var ww=document.documentElement.clientWidth;xr_dx=(ww-parseInt(xr_xr.style.width))/2;
    var i=-parseInt(xr_xr.style.width)/2;if(xr_dx<0){i-=xr_dx;xr_dx=0;};xr_xr.style.marginLeft=i+'px';xr_ pvx();};
    </script>

I used this script (thanks to Covoxer) on my WD page here.
    IP

Well in my "personal" opinion, unless you create a "Image" holder for the image, It would be inappropriate as you wouldn't know what size the 'bowser" viewing the image would be, and on large monitors it would tile. That is my opinion.
    Jim
    P.S. I am not an expert tho'
    IP

thecaptive, did you want the image to stretch the entire browser window or just on the page you create?
    IP

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

We did cover this a little in this thread.

http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.p...892#post294892

I was looking for a way to have the page resize according to the current user's resolution.
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by thecaptive View Post
    I have an image that we want to use as the background. Is it possible to do this without the tiling. The image would be the same on every page and buttons and text would be placed on top.
    There is also the no-repeat css which can be place in the <head> section of your pages.

<style type="text/css">
    <!--
    body {background-image: url(index_htm_files/bg.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    </style>

This does require that you do at least one export of the page to your HDD first and then place your bg.jpg into the index_htm_files folder.

See attached .web file

John will almost certainly come up with a better way (soon)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Thank you all for the quick response. I have tried an image and that seems to work, unable to view it but I assume that would change with the purchased version. One more question I need to be able to use this on two different computers, one at work and my lap top. Is it possible to just same it on a portable drive so that I can use it where ever I am or would I have to purchase two. I have no problem buying two, I just thought that if it was saved on an external drive then no matter which computer I was using I would always be working on the current version of the site.
    IP

Please see this recent thread about Xara licensing of WD.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=37346
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    <style type="text/css">
    <!--
    body {background-image: url(index_htm_files/bg.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    </style>

This does require that you do at least one export of the page to your HDD first and then place your bg.jpg into the index_htm_files folder.

Here's an online example of the above.
    IP