Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question [Question] Is there a way to automatically play a flash movie and then close it?

Assume you have an opening web page which has a flash movie.

Is there a way to code the page such that when the page is first opened in the browser, the movie is automactically played, the movie plays once (I realize this can be done when creating the flash movie) , then it is no longer viewed and the "Home Page" is displayed.

I am hoping there is a java script that could trigger the movie somehow.

I'm guessing there could be different ways of doing this. Some simple .web file examples or a diagram showing what code and where to put it would be helpful.

=================

With my current knowledge of WXD, I see how I could build an opening page that would be activated with a mouse-over on any portion of the page. But then, I'd need still need a way to advance to another page without requiring an action by the user.

JC
    IP

Default Re: [Question] Is there a way to automatically play a flash movie and then close it?

The simplest way John is if you have Flash or Swish.

Create the animation and in the last frame place:

Code:
    stop();
    getURL("http://www.mysite.co.uk/website/index.htm","_self");
    This will open the new page into the current one at the end of swf animation.

See here for simple demo (note the 2 different Start url and End url)

I don't think it could be done in Xara Flash. Probably could do it with javascript but I wouldn't know how.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 30 March 2009 at 09:55 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Default Re: [Question] Is there a way to automatically play a flash movie and then close it?

Egg:

That is the effect I am I'm looking for.

I had swish a few years ago on an old PC but haven't used it since.

If I were to create the flash animation in WXD, could Swish be used to open the file and add the (_self) attribute, etc?
    IP

Possibly John although I've often found that importing a swf into Flash causes problems. Don't know about Swish.

If you'd like to send me your xar file I'd willingly create the swf in Flash for you.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Question Re: [Question] Is there a way to automatically play a flash movie and then close it?

IS there any way to assign a Web Link or Web Mouseover to a Placeholder which contains a Flash Animation?
    IP

Try this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP