Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pop up button shows on all layers

I get the popup button to work ok, but even though I've placed it on the popup layer it still shows in preview even before I run the cursor over the parent button. I've reviewed the videos and other comments, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer
    IP

Default Re: Pop up button shows on all layers

Hi ron.

I'm assuming that you want the "more cars" button to appear when you mouseover the "art prints" button. Is that right?

Layer stacking is everything. Static layers (like your MouseOff layer) must be at the bottom of the Layer gallery. Next, comes the MouseOver layer (that functions for the sum of all static layers). Next, you'll want popup layers. If you want mouseover effects for those popup layers, then there must be a mouseover layer immediately following each popup layer.

I was having problems getting a handle on things too. John set me straight, though. Have you read through the thread entitled "Multi-Level NavBars"? From this page, start with covoxer's post #12. Note my attached sample at post #19.

Another problem I see with your "more cars" element is that it is made up of two groups (soft-grouped) -- one is on MouseOff, and the other is on '1 pop up'. Consider this scenario instead ...

Layer Gallery
    mouseOver-ArtPrints
    ArtPrintsPopup
    MouseOver
    MouseOff

For first-level buttons, use MouseOff & MouseOver.
    For your "more cars" button, use ArtPrintsPopup & mouseOver-ArtPrints.
    Make sure that your "art prints" button stimulates ArtPrintsPopup on mouseover.

Clear?
    IP

Thanks cursor. Yes, I read the thread and it is very confusing for my simple mind.

You went to some trouble to explain this but I'll have to come back again and see if I can get my brain in gear.

Thanks again.

Xara's Facebook

IP

Just remember that all your layers should be above the MouseOff and MouseOver layers.
    IP

Thanks for all the help you guys have given this feeble minded senior. I finally got it to work thanks to all your comments.

Xara's Facebook

IP

Excellent! The more you work with it, the more sense it makes.
    IP