Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Popup Menu Links Help please...

Yesterday I posted in reference to popup menus and got great feedback and help. Thank you all for that, but now I have ran into another problem. When I change a link in a popup menu button, it;s not changing for some reason and I am stumped on whats wrong with it. I have attached my menu and would be very happy if someone would take the time to look at it and tell me whats wrong with it. All you help is really appreaciated.

Also I would like to know what to do after the menu is complete.. I mean do I group all the items together and how? or What do I need to do. As of now they all move as individual pieces. Im not clear on the grouping thing at all.

Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by razzle0146; 30 March 2009 at 02:36 PM.
    IP

Default Re: Popup Menu Links Help please...

Which links in particular have you explicitly changed, that don't work properly?
    IP

Cursor sorry for not explaining that..

Click on the dog license link. I put it google.com and it doesnt work. Actually just change any of the actual drop down buttons links. They never change for me.
    IP

Cursor,

I think I might have found the problem.. I really hate being a newbie, but do you change the links on the mouse over buttons or the not mouse off button? I just changed the link on the mouse off button and it went rite to google. If this was the problem I am sorry, but I didn't get it until today..

Can you explain the grouping process to me? After I get the menu and all buttons working properly, do I need to group them or something?
    IP

In the case of your 'Dog License' button, each of your layers (static & mouseover) had different links in the Web Properties. The only layer that must have a link is the static layer. In your case, that would be the 'popupServices' layer. If the button element groups on the two layers are soft-grouped, and a link value is assigned, then Xara Web Designer assigns that link to both layer groups.

single-level navbar creation sequence
    • build one button's static group (assume centered text)
      • create shape on static layer (MouseOff, for example)
      • create overlayed center-justified text
      • select both items and center-align (selection bounds)
      • combine them into one group with Ctrl+G
    • build one button's mouseover group (assume centered text)
      • with group selected, Ctrl+K (clone)
      • select mouseover layer in Layer gallery
      • click the move button at the top of the Layer gallery
      • edit the mouseover elements as required for visual effect
    • finish the single button
      • select both the groups (on two layers)
      • Arrange > Apply soft group
      • assign a repeating object name (i.e. repeating:buttonName)
      • assign a valid link at Web Properties > Link (tab)
    • duplicate the button, as needed using any of the following methods
      • Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V (copy & paste)
      • Ctrl+K (clone, in place)
      • right-mouse button drag
    • finishing up
      • activate magnetic object snapping
      • order/stack the buttons to create your navbar
      • with text tool, modify each button text
        (note that since each button is soft-grouped, changing the text on either layer will change the text on the other layer)
      • change each button's Web Properties > Link (tab), as needed

If there are errors in the process, please bring them to my attention (and I will edit this post). Mercí.
    IP