Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer text scaleing pts vs pix

When I enter text size in pts then preview in browser the text gets streched out to the right. When I enter text in pix (multiplying the value by 1.33) the value is immediately converted back to the original pt value, but the browser preview is now correct. Why would the browser preview not work with the default font sizeing system?
    IP

Default Re: Web Designer text scaleing pts vs pix

Brousers that use windows text rendering engine (all browsers on Windows except for Safari), can only display whole pixels font sizes. So if you set size to 10pt which is roughly equal to 13.33px, browser can use either 13px or 14px font based on it's rounding rule (this differs among browsers).
    The only way to avoid it is to explicitly set font sizes in pixels.
    John.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Brousers that use windows text rendering engine (all browsers on Windows except for Safari), can only display whole pixels font sizes.
    I was using the Finance Theme template and noticed that the two header texts (in Times New Roman) are 45.64 and 21.33 pix, respectively. When previewing the page, the text stayed the same. How is this possible?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I was using the Finance Theme template and noticed that the two header texts (in Times New Roman) are 45.64 and 21.33 pix, respectively. When previewing the page, the text stayed the same. How is this possible?
    It was exported as image.
    John.
    IP

Of course, I could have guessed...
    IP