Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question pass data from one web page to another

What's the best (and simplest) way to do this? I'd like to have the user click on a link (a text string) and pass three or four fairly short data values to a new page where the values would be used in a scripted form. Do I use a cookie? PHP?, not sure how to do this. Help with this much appreciated.
    Phil Thompson
    IP

Default Re: pass data from one web page to another

You need a server side language such as PHP. You pass the variable values over when you request the page.

A quick google: http://matthom.com/archive/2005/02/1...s-across-pages

Paul
    IP

Hi Phil,

I wonder if one of Xara's own Online Modules would be an option for you? For instance the Site Updater or the News Release Publisher? You can find out more on www.xaraonline.com.

All their modules are very simple to modify. There's nothing to install since it's all server-based. All you have to do is copy an HTML snippet onto your page and that's it.

Good luck with it.
    Regards, Albert G. Kubbenga
    IP

Good tip Albert http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
    Registered users can sign-in and add numerous free modules to their accounts ready for pasting into WD placeholders very easily.

Remember to login to you account once each 3 months to keep your free (but not yet live) module from being deleted though

IMPORTANT: Due to the large numbers of Xara Module users, Xara needs to permanently delete free modules and online applications that are not used for 3 months or more. So if you want to keep free modules or applications that you are not actively using, sign into your Xara account at least once every 3 months to prevent them being deleted.
    IP

Thanks for the tips guys, will follow up on them; especially interested to find out more about Albert's suggestion. I know I can use PHP, but the customer's server seems sometimes to have PHP hiccups.
    Phil Thompson
    IP

Albert, thanks again for putting me on to the Online modules. Not sure if either of your suggestions will work for my needs just now, but I do see lots of neat little modules that I'm sure to use--like SiteTracker, very cool.
    Phil Thompson
    IP

You're welcome, Phil.

I always feel Xara's Online Modules are somewhat hidden treasures for a lot of people. But perhaps Web Designer's popularity will be able to change this.
    Last edited by akubbeng; 31 March 2009 at 02:18 AM.
    Regards, Albert G. Kubbenga
    IP