Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: New Website

Default New Website

Launched a new website for the company I work for. Still a little tweaking to do here and there but any constructive comments good or bad would be appreciated. Lots of the pic work was done with Xara as wll as a xtreme flash on the home page.

http://www.primogrill.com

P.S. Thanks for all the help on this forum. It really helped a lot.
    Last edited by BigSmoker; 29 March 2009 at 02:23 PM. Reason: added text
    Atlanta, Ga.

Default Re: New Website

BigSmoker,

Just checked it out, good job so far. I love the flash animation on the intro page... Fantastic!

Here's two initial suggestions, though:

1. On the home pages, make it so that the text is also linked to the subsequent pages. Most users, including mine, first inclination is to click on the text to go to a page. I dislike it when I have to search around to figure out what I have to click on to drill down into a website. It's a whole lot easier and more obvious to click on the big text, that should be links, instead of the little cooking pots.

2. The picture(s) on the home pages (asparagus & steak, etc.) show the clickable link icon but when they're clicked on nothing happens. Either remove the non-working link(s) or fix them so they work.

Keep up the good work,
    HayTay
    Last edited by HayTay; 29 March 2009 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Changed wording

Hmm in the Dutch site section they might change "verdelers" in 'distributeurs'
    (that is the term ussually used, although, they might be Belgian and they
    wouldn`t like to use distributeur because that looks to french, and we know about
    the language battle going on there

http://www.formonte.com/welcome.php?lang=NL

For the rest a great site
    Last edited by ankhor; 29 March 2009 at 03:03 PM.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

I think the American flag link is there in the number 1 slot but it is blacked out in my Internet Explorer. I just knew it was there because I moused over it and the black area was active. Since I didn't see the American flag I assumed that was it.

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

The American Flag shows up on Firefox.

Two things I dislike. I used the zipcode search for a dealer near me and could not read the resulting red message on the gray background without highlighting it. Same with the blue links on the gray background for the links to the various countries sites.

Judi

BigSMoker I have moved your thread to the Site Design and Publishing forum as it is more appropriate.

I had a look at your site and although I generally like grey backgrounds, I'm not sure yours works so well for me without something else.

Also, I think your site would be easy to create in Xara Web Designer alone (I see you have used WYSIWYG Web Builder.)

It would also earn the right to be shown in the (very active) XWD forum.
    Just a thought

BigSmoker,

looks far better than some weeks ago.
    I especially like the flash on the homepage.

Some thoughts though:

1. Same problem for me as for Judi: I cannot read the blue you used for the links well. While black on gray looks sharp to me, the blue looks blurred. I would think that many people run into this.

2. Only the little red grills are links. Personally I would include the labels too as this is what visitors usually click. To have to find out what the links are is not straightforward.

3. Size of pages. People surfing with low bandwidth will have fun for example with http://www.primogrill.com/food_events.html. If you get on that page, about 10MB are preloaded. That is incredibly huge.

4. Styles. Use styles like you used the javascript libs. Link them externally. That gives you the chance to changes stuff like perhaps blue color on links in a single location without touching a single content page. Pages are for content, design.

Good improvement,
    Juergen

Oh crap I had a nice post typed up and when I submitted I wasn't logged in any longer. Oh Well. Thanks for the responses. I'm looking at all the items everyone brought up. Thanks for helping me I really appreciate it. Top notch you guys/gals are.

Thanks also for moving my thread to the proper place.
    Atlanta, Ga.