Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to embed a wav file

I have a wav. file I want to play only once when the web page is opened. I've got the .wav file in my web folder. How do I set it up in Web Designer? In place holder? And how do I do it?

I read the above comments, but don't understand how to do what I want as stated above.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Default Re: How to embed a wav file

Try this Ron.

<EMBED src="index_htm_files/file.wav" autostart=true loop=false volume=100
    hidden=true><NOEMBED><BGSOUND src="index_htm_files/file.wav"></NOEMBED>

See attached example
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks again, Steve. That worked great!
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

This looks pretty good, but personally I cant figure out how to get the mp3 or wav file into somewhere in xara that the html can go to.....like what address or wheres this thing called a support folder and whats the address to it and all......I somebody knows that it should be pretty simple..eh? or Ayy as they say in Canada

1. Google Reader MP3 Player
    Google Reader has an inbuilt MP3 player that is pretty much the same as Gmail player but it also works on non-Google websites. This player has volume controls, no Google branding and it auto-detects the duration of the music file so your readers know how long the song will last. Here’s a live example followed by the HTML embed code:

To use this MP3 player on your website or blog, copy-paste the following code and replace the MP3_FILE_URL with the link to your MP3 file.
    <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.google.com/reader/ui/3247397568-audio-player.swf?audioUrl=MP3_FILE_URL" width="400" height="27" allowscriptaccess="never" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" wmode="window" flashvars="playerMode=embedded" />