Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Post Creating a mirror image(reflection)

Hi,
    Sorry to bother you all with what could be a simple soloution, but my end goal is to create a spinning logo of my rugby club badge with a mirrored reflection of the badge below it.

i have created the logo, not a problem but i have no success what so ever in creating the reflection.
    I hope that this is acheivable with the software i have Xtreme 4 & 3D v 6.

Oh while i am at it how could someone point me in the right direction for creating kinda fireworks above the spinning badge.

Thanks for your time and forgive me if this has been done before as i am a new member.

Thanks
    Dave
    Last edited by Dumper; 28 March 2009 at 08:49 PM.

Default Re: Creating a mirror image(reflection)

Hi, Dumper, welcome to the forum.

If you already have the spinning logo, I would try importing the animated gif into XaraXtreme and edit the frames there. In each frame, clone the image, flip it vertically, and nudge the copy a fixed number of steps below the original image. Do this for each frame of the animation, nudging each copy the same number of times.

To add to the mirror illusion, create a rectangle over the lower image, with a linear fill, 50% black to 100% black, bottom to top, and with a flat transparency of about 60% transparency. Copy this to each frame in the same position. You will probably need to experiment with the fill a bit, as by exporting as an animated gif, the linear fill steps will not be as smooth as shown within XaraXtreme, due to the maximum limit of 256 colours.

Test how the animation looks with the preview option, and if you are happy with it, export the animated gif.

One difficulty would be with the size of the image, as it will now be approximately double the height it was before, so try and plan the sizing when exporting the animated gif from Xara3D to XaraXtreme.

Mike

Thumbs up Re: Creating a mirror image(reflection)

Mike.

Thank you for your fast response, works a treat altought longwinded and i need to make it bit neater, i dont wanna impose but would you also know how to apply fireworks.

Really do appreciate all you help and i shall post my final image when perfected for your approval.

Thans agan

Dave

Actually it went pretty fast. just pressing the eye key and the arrow key
    and applying a transperancy , et voila. Good suggestion simsmj.

So don't do em seperate, press the eye key and arrow and you can
    mirror all frames at once. And also make a transparency for all the
    mirrored frames below. It actually goes really fast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	teslalalaMir.gif 
Views:	497 
Size:	346.8 KB 
ID:	58402   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	teslalalaMirblue.gif 
Views:	492 
Size:	425.9 KB 
ID:	58406  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	teslaMirexpl.png 
Views:	490 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	58407  
    Last edited by ankhor; 30 March 2009 at 05:44 PM.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

That looks really good ankhor
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Very good tip, Ankhor, I was doing my mirroring one frame at a time! That tip will speed up cropping as well. And nice effect on the mirroring, too! I did wonder if there was a way to add the transparency in one go, as an overlay above all the frames.

Mike

Thumbs up Re: Creating a mirror image(reflection)

Thank you, this is far faster and i hopefully will be able to get the desired result.

Thank youy for sharing your knowledge to us "starter Outers"

Much appreciated

Dave

@simsmj, the transperancie was done in one go, but it doesn`t always work exactly right, so you have to play around a bit, I don`t know why.
    But it can be done in one go.

Not the blue thing ofcourse, I had to paste in place that one a lot and bring the top tesla logo to the front, which is a lot of work again, but the effect is nice.

I was also thinking about the wavy water type on the lower mirrored image.
    and apply a different one for every layer/frame.

Or applying the mould tool on all the frames at onces, I don`t know if that would work, have to try it one of these days.That way I could have made a nice
    change so I could have used it on one of the pictures of the Tesla car,
    (You know, the tesla logo above the car and the mirror on the hood in the right shape through the mould tool)
    but I couldn`t post that one, for the picture is ofcourse not mine and probably copyrighted. So I didn`t start that one even. But I think that would give a nice effect.

@dumper, don`t mention it, I was a beginner too, and maybe later you find a nice effect
    that I could use and you share it, that is how this group became so great. Shared resources.

Okay I am talking too much again
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ankhor; 31 March 2009 at 09:07 PM.
    be aware, not to become a ware.