Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: PRINTING Strategies

after some searching I came up with this page setting up the button using a place holder I understand, but I don't know how to do the rest. Can I use this with Web designer to print a pop up layer?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

You can print a popup layer if that layer contains an iframe with the printable content and the 'Print' script.

See attached .web file
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've been trying to make this work, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. My iframe content doesn't show, and my locking pop ups seem to be generating errors. So far I have been just trying this in preview.

My intent is to have an advertising page using popups with printable coupons I am attaching my .web file Any help is much appreciated. As you will be able to see the page is unfinished so I am not ready to go live. for preview purposes there is a text link on page 1 for the ad page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Frances I changed your coupon page name to ad1coupon.htm (removed spaces) and added the print button code to the placeholder.
    I also edited the iframe code to the new coupon page name.
    Works fine without any errors for me. Hopefully for you too

.web file attached of your page 3 and page 4 (coupons)
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 19 May 2009 at 02:58 AM.

Thank you for your help Steve. 2 little spaces, it doesn't take much to mess up a script. I am learning though. I am still getting error messages in XWD preview when I try to close the locked popups. Could it be because my computer has an older version of Internet Explorer? version 6. I usually use Chrome and sometimes Firefox so Explorer is rarely opened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better to never use spaces for anything web related.
    If you need to separate words generally using an underscore works best, eg: ad_1_coupon.htm

I still can't get the coupon to close It's 2:00am here so I am going to bed, I'll have to wait until Wednesday to work on this some more. Could it possibly have something to do with the iframe or the print script?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Closes fine for me Frances

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    after some searching I came up with this page setting up the button using a place holder I understand, but I don't know how to do the rest. Can I use this with Web designer to print a pop up layer?
    here my simple printtest. Maybe you can use it to hide parts of your webpage if the page is printed. These parts must only moved to the NoPrint-layer.

I finally have this working the way I want. I think the problem was with XWD preview, as everything seems to work fine in Chrome and FireFox. Thank you Steve and Sebastian
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]