Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Amazed

alilister Guest

Smile Amazed

When I logged into this forum, it told me that I last visited seven years ago! I am back because I finally have something I really want to say: CONGRATULATIONS.

Xara Web Designer came across my desk for review. I haven't closed my mouth yet. I think this is one of the most astounding and important web design programs that has been developed in years. I absolutely love it. It is really deceptive. Because it is so easy to use, you don't immediately get a sense of how powerful it is. In order to really appreciate XWD, I remade some existing pages I had. It was quite shocking to see how much quicker it was to use XWD, and what a flexible and pleasurable working environment the program provides.

I am getting nothing done at the moment, because I cannot bring myself to close the program. I find it mesmerising. I am addicted.

This might be a rookie question, but how is it possible to make templates that can appear in the Designs Gallery, or must home-made templates always be opened in the regular way? I would love to make sites for my clients that they can then add to from the Designs Gallery in their own copy of XWD. They would love that freedom.

All ideas very gratefully appreciated.

Ali
    IP

Default Re: Amazed

Certainly you can.
    Place your designs in one folder, open designs gallery and click "Disc designs..." button. Select your folder and allow WD to create index when it asks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gallery.png 
Views:	263 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	58264  
    John.
    IP

alilister Guest

Default Re: Amazed

That is incredibly good news. Thank you so much for responding so quickly.

Ali
    IP