Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info Link to page drop down

Am using Web Designer first time- lotsafun- the Help says "(you can quickly select to link to any other page within your website by using the Link to page drop down)" .
    However I find the names of new pages I am creating (& exporting after Naming) are not appending to the Web Properties - Link - Link to Page dropdown list.
    Must be a simple answer!?
    Last edited by hanlong; 28 March 2009 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Thread question was incomplete
    IP

Default Re: Link to page drop down

Welcome to TG Forums Hanlong.

The link to page drop-down is in the web properties dialog (Shift+Ctrl+W) as you have found I think.
    Make sure that you have an object (or text) selected to apply this link to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	link2page.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	58250  
    IP

Have done all of that - Just created 2 pages Page1 , Pages2. Checked they are in current working directory.

However the drop down is static with these 3 entries.
    <next page>
    <previous page>
    index

Have experimented with extension .htm.web, just .web, as well as .html... no go . Maybe some setting somewhere? Have a screen dump to illustrate, but can't copy into this reply screen. How did you get yours in?
    Rgds
    IP

Your pages are part of the same .web file yes, or not? Or are you creating a new single page .web project file for each page and then exporting them as page1.htm / page2.htm etc?

Is so, then the page link drop down won't list those other pages because it isn't aware of them, so you would need to link to them manually via the 'Link to web address'

So instead, create a .web project that has three pages (Edit>>Pages>>New page). WD will then show the additional pages in the drop down. When you export, WD will create the three pages.
    IP