Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default ******* Scroller

Hi everybody;

Although I have been using XARA for almost ten years I am completely new to Web Pages. I bought ******* Scroller for a work in my page and after preparing th scroller when I published it I received these instructions:

Copy and paste this code within the HEAD tag of the page:

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/stscode.js"></script>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/scroller.css"/>

Copy this code within BODY tag of the web page:

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/scroller.js"></script>

I know how to do this in Dreamweaver and Expression Web, but I do nor know how to get to the Head tag in WebDesigner. Can someone help me? I will really appreciate it.

Lionel
    IP

Default Re: ******* Scroller

You'll need to have the latest update:

<head> element support added, as discussed here. This allows HTML code to be optionally inserted into the header section (<head> element) of your Web Designer page. To use this, add the code to a placeholder object on your page, just as if the code was to be inserted into the main body of the page. But then add the special name “<head>” to the placeholder object (using Utilities->Names) to indicate that the code is to be inserted into the header. Only use this where you have some 3rd party HTML code which you know must be inserted into the header.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

There are two parts in the instructions. One to be added to the HEAD element and the other to the BODY. If I understand then there would need to be two placeholder in the BODY section. One named <HEAD> and the other one not named. Would they be one over the other or at different places. Now I realized that the Scroller generates two folders. I think these folders must be copied to the Support folder. Am I wright?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    If I understand then there would need to be two placeholder in the BODY section. One named <HEAD> and the other one not named.
    Correct.
    Would they be one over the other or at different places.
    The position and size of the <head> placeholder is ignored, so you may put it wherever you like. The position and size of simple placeholder are used to position the <div> element which will contain your code.
    Now I realized that the Scroller generates two folders. I think these folders must be copied to the Support folder. Am I wright?
    Form the code you have provided I think you need 'js' and 'css' folders. They have to be located in the same directory with your exported html file.
    John.
    IP