Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zippo

Default Zippo

This one did not come out as good as the compass. This is my 4th attempt. I'll keep at it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zippo.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	58222  

Default Re: Zippo

Gary,

A valiant attempt. I usually have no problem seeing stereograms, but for some reason I really had to work at it to see this one. I'm fairly sure it's my eyes that are at fault with this version as I seem to have a harder time visualizing stereograms comprised of brownish hues.

Looking forward to version 5,
    Harry

Hi Gary, good try with this one. I don't have trouble seeing it but there's a problem from my pov. It looks like the base has two competing for attention instead of one and there are two flames....the one of the left should be less prominent.

I don't like to critisize anyone's work so I hope you take what I say with the knowledge that I'm untrained.

Gary,

If you wouldn't mind, would you post your 4th attempt at Zippo without the MTS overlay? I'd like to see what difference it makes when viewing the hidden image.

Thanks again,
    Harry

Good attempt Gary.
    I also had a hard time seeing this one.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Gary,

Each time you create one of these trademark 'grams, I admire the artwork and burn out a couple of eyeballs trying to get the stereo effect.
    Obliviously my eyes are not well suited, but I keep trying. I have read the threads that offer help. Nevertheless, I am able to enjoy the graphics - so thank you for keeping me engaged.
    TJB

Harry - The depth image for this was really flat and without the drawing it looks like a wooden block. The drawing actually works fairly well by itself as a Contour Stereogram (that's what 3Dimka who invented the Mapped Image Stereogram calls outlines).

I posted on in my Graphics.com Stereogram Gallery that is simpler and just a side view. Here's the link.

Some times these things work better than others. And sometimes it is best to move on and not to flog a dead horse. Coming soon, the Squeegee.

But I really like this one. The colors are good and the lighters pop out of the image.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    And sometimes it is best to move on and not to flog a dead horse.
    It's neither a horse (or a parrot) and it's certainly not dead. Come on, let's see more of it. I love the way the flame comes out of the top. Don't give up so easily!

Here's an idea. Tone done the brightness of the white lines. Maybe that's the problem (said he, knowing exactly zero about how spectrograms work)?
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Actually in this case the white lines are carrying the image. Perhaps there is too much going on.