Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default placeholder BEFORE the <html> tag...any ideas?

I need to add a <? php session start() statement to some of these pages in order to integrate my shopping cart. It has to be the first line in the file. Any ideas how to do this?
    IP

Default Re: placeholder BEFORE the <html> tag...any ideas?

John.
    IP

questions like this will keep coming and coming and coming. I look forward to the day we XWD users don't have to concern ourselves with it. XWD has created considerable excitement in the web design market and questions like this were inevitable. Now people want their cake AND their ice cream......and why not? It is certainly possible given enough time.
    IP

Rich, please, stop it. I'we heard your point loud and clear (all in red caps ). You don't need to repeat essentially the same message in every thread where users ask for some features. After all, your commen will not help them.
    John.
    IP

Yes it will because you, many times, will say, "NO" to those types of questions. This forum does not revolve around you. I do not like to see people turned off by a dead end NO when XWD, within weeks of the first release, began to address these very issues with an update.
    These forums are for everyone to flush out their issues and to assist further development of XWD. Threads get old and not everyone reads every thread. I would like to encourage more seasoned developers to think of workarounds and to keep repeating their concerns so Xara knows which are lasting issues and which are fleeting issues.
    I think I read you help develop XWD? You might want to assist with sales also.
    IP

I know little about web design, from the technical side

But I know quite a bit more now, thanks to some very helpful posts in this forum, a large number of which were made by John [covoxer] - Thanks John

You know,sometimes one word answers are preferable - when threads get old you take them in context, if you have any sense that is...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Rich, think about it, user has a problem, he writes:

- How can I do this and that. And can I?

Then he sees new comment, opens his thread and reads:

- Ah ha! Didin't I told you that they will ask for it!

How helpful is it for any one?

My answer 'no' is a precise answer on a paticual question. User wanted to know if this is possible in WD, in case he misses something. I had to answer this question because you, for example, do not know the answer. Right?
    John.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by richinri View Post
    ........This forum does not revolve around you..........
    Actually as far as the current and future performance of Xara Web Designer is concerned, it probably does .... !
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP