Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs up repeating objects

I agree that it CAN get a bit laborious, but beats the slacks off doing them with css and/or java from scratch and trying to get them right across browsers and gives unlimited flexibility of depth, design, etc that css (without TONS of work) and these other "menu generators" can't touch.

That said, it would be nice if there were a built-in facility for dealing with at least basic dropdowns.

Also, the "update repeating objects" would be nicer if you could select an individual reapeating object and have ONLY that object update its repeats. I ahve run into an issue a few times where I've put something as a repeating object from page to page, not really expecting to ever update it, but for the convenience of it landing on all the pages without the manual effort of putting it there - really more of an automated copy/paste. The problem is that when doing an update repeating objects, sometimes I really mean "update the repeating objects I want updated", not all of them. If I do all of them, don't notice for a while and do a bunch of stuff over, it's a hassle to get back to where I was.

I'm sure part of this is my misuse of the feature, but it seems like you should be able to say "put this on every page, but don't update it automatically in the future". In may case, becasue of how I had something structured, they all started with the same thing, but each page was slightly modified (basically to gfet around the lack of a class="current" sort of attribute). When I did an update repeating objects to get some other things to update, unfortunately, all of my "currents" were wiped out in the process and I didn't notice until about 30 minutes and 100 commands later.
    IP

Default Re: repeating objects

Yes, maybe it could be added to the Names dialogue.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11
    IP

Just select each copied object that is made that you don't want to update, and remove the 'Repeating:' tag at the start of it's name. This would have to be done by hand to each object you didn't want updating.

Or perhaps better still, rename the single object you do want repeating, giving it a different name. Then the other objects shouldn't update.
    IP

I think the repeat on every page is OK, but is a clunky and poor alternative to master pages that repeat through a website (document).
    IP