Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: .ASP Question

Hybrid View

Question .ASP Question

Hi, I have an .ASP question. First off - I am not an .ASP programmer myself so if this question has already been answered in another post or my terminology is poor, please bear this in mind.

My friend is a .ASP coder but not a 'layout person', which means he has issues getting his page layouts working just right. This is where I saw Web Designer coming to his aid. So he showed me that his page requires 2 things to make it 'ASP':

1) The very first line of the web page (i.e. immediately before <DOCTYPE>) reads:
    <%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="MasterPage.master.cs" Inherits="MasterPage" %>

2) Inline ASP tags that get converted to HTML Server Side, e.g.:
    <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server"></asp:ContentPlaceHolder>

So I knocked up a nice page in XWD and created a placeholders for the <asp:> tags. So far so good, however there does not appear to be a way of specifying that the <%@ Master Language...> tag should appear as the very first line.

Is there anyway to achieve this within XWD? If not, is this something Xara would consider adding in a future release (similar to the new <head> feature)?

As an aside, we added the missing tag a the top of the html manually and the page worked like a dream.
    IP

Default Re: .ASP Question

Quote Originally Posted by gpholman View Post
    Is there anyway to achieve this within XWD?
    No.
    John.
    IP

Notepad to the rescue!
    IP

Yep.
    John.
    IP

Wink Re: .ASP Question

is it my imagination or am I seeing a consistent theme in these posts???? But please, say is isn't possible................YET. I know enough about programming to know that when it comes to programming that writes html - this is certainly possible. I am guessing Xara wanted to first focus on what would make XWD different.
    IP

Only when 'Yet' relates to the plan though.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by richinri View Post
    I am guessing Xara wanted to first focus on what would make XWD different.
    I am guessing that Xara actually wanted to release a great product in a timely manner rather than incorporate every single HTML possibility in the first release.
    IP