Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squeegees

Default Squeegees

I may revisit the Zippo and try another angle. But this was an idea that occurred to me when I was squeegeeing off the glass in the shower (we have very hard water here and if one does not squeegee the glass, it soon becomes spotted).

No hidden image. The effect was created using some of the methods outlined in the February 2006 tutorial. It looks a lot better full size but you can get the idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Squeegees.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	58316  

Default Re: Squeegees

That is simply brilliant. I like that it took me a moment to understand what I was seeing and how clever the squeegee removing the film from the glass reveals a beautiful scene outside. I think you should do more of these.

Gary's magic squeegee travels the world.

Edit: You could do a set of windows and have one full panoramic view across it.

I'm toying right now with a zipper before getting back to Zippo.

Now I do like that Gary..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Talking Re: Squeegees

A zipper....oh dear...hmmm.

I've discovered the secret of seeing stereograms! Have the requisite quantity of beer (preferably Cruzcampo or San Miguel) to relax the ol' eyes, then plonk one's hooter up to the monitor and gradually pull back.
    It works for me, anyway. Well done, Gary, a fabulous stereogram.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I sat there and thought "I really don't see how he's possibly going to make something interesting with a bl**dy squeegee"

Well he did.

I stared and stared at it and crossed my eyes and moved back and moved forward and though "oh for ****s sake I'm wasting my time" and then suddenly it came into view.

Startling.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Don't cross your eyes. Didn't your mother ever warn you about that?

Actually, if you cross your eyes the whole effect will be backwards. You'll see depth but in reverse. The squeegees will appear to go back instead of coming out.

Strange thing happened awhile ago. I couldn't get it to '3d' effect no matter what I did. First time, fine....second time, no. I just tried and it worked fine. I think I need some synapse and dendrite tuning.

Gary, I've spent more time looking at this one than any other you've made. I'm not sure why I'm drawn to it but I know I like the 'picture' in the background. I think you're onto something here...at least for my pleasure, lol.

Outstanding, Gary!

You are to stereograms, as Michelangelo was to the Sistine Chapel... Truly a Master.

Also, many thanks for the link to the Feb. 2006 stereogram tutorial. I had a go at it today and it turned out very nicely. It amazes me how I managed to miss seeing it before now. One can learn quite a bit by following your instructions to completion.

As always,
    Thanks for all you do,
    Harry