Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So, the new version XaraX1 is great, and I love the real time shape editing and stuff.... but when I go to draw a custom line, I can't see what I'm drawing, only after I let the button do I see what I just got done drawing. Anyone have any suggestions on seeing what I'm drawing?
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

So, the new version XaraX1 is great, and I love the real time shape editing and stuff.... but when I go to draw a custom line, I can't see what I'm drawing, only after I let the button do I see what I just got done drawing. Anyone have any suggestions on seeing what I'm drawing?
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Steve,

Good to hear from you again!

I assume you mean that you want to see a stroke shape applied in real-time? It's not possible... Xara X still has to calculate the smoothing, and end and start points of stroke shapes before they are drawn on-screen. I don't think there is a vector application out there, which can do it. OTH - Perhaps I misunderstood you question?

I checked out your photograpghy at the Art Conspiracy website! A lot of amazing images there!

You should really continue persuing it - you have a great eye for creating interesting compositions! BTW - How many marriage propositions have you received so far? You know what be a lot of fun (or really scary... ) - me hitting some of those poses myself...

hmmmm, guess I'll deal!

haha, thank you. Portrait & model photography intrigues me (as many other things) but I lack the models to experiment with it a lot so I have to resort to self-portraits! I would probably be investing in a digital SLR if I didn't have to buy a macintosh laptop for school:-/ But, I guess I'll waite till they aren't the size of WWII cell phones;-) ! Once they're the size of regular film SLRs they will be very appealing!
    Thanks for the compliments Risto, and if you want we can work on those poses sometime in the future take care, and thanks for the response!
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Hey Steve, love your work! What kind of camera do you have? I haven't gotten to digital SLR stage but I have a Nikon CP 5700 and it's pretty decent.

Check out some of the photos created with it: http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/d...asp?camID=1343

Maybe I'll upload some of my shots so you can check them out.

not too shabby! I use a camera my brother bought for himself.... but I use it 10x more than he does! It's a canon digital elf at 3.2mp. It takes very nice pictures and the color is almost always very good. But I enjoy editing them, so I usually do even if it is only a little bit. And what I have is fine for now, but I'd really like to do more portrait work and start getting my hands a little more dirty in photography. One of the little things that I reeaally want is just to be able to have things really in or out of focus in the photo. With point and shoot cameras, you don't get much depth of field... I have to edit those in sometimes too!

But i'd like to see some of your work if you feel like uploading it!
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

pretty nice shots Retro... Have you taken a look at Rich's bug shots in the non-xara gallery?
    John/DOT

Used to have some shots here. Will be posting soon on the non-xara gallery. (See my last message)

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Very fine bugs Retro, Very fine shots indeed.
    John/DOT

Nice little pics there retro!! So nice and SMALL, now where did I put those darned glasses again.............

You keep this up and Gary will start yelling at anyone posting a picture larger than 200 X 200 pix!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---