Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Video's - Placeholder

Video's - I right clicked on the rectangle I made and did - Web Properties - Placeholder and pasted the html code from my .wmv movie in Frontpage 2003I did a preview and nothing worked, also did export web site and nothing worked.

I noticed the article on How To Imbed Controls on a Flash Video Movie Placeholder and downloaded the link on the page to get the FLV player and converted the wmv to flv. I then browsed in the placeholder to put the movie (ProCart reduced.fly) and this did not work. When I did a preview all that came up was a small black box where the movie is suppose to play. How do I get this to work?

For months I have trying to get my video's to play on one player instead of having a separate windows media player for each movie. an example is: www.sandovallandscape.com. If I convert movies from wmv's to .flv and buy www.longtailvideo.com software would that work?

Thanks,
    Sheila

Default Re: Video's - Placeholder

FLV embedding is simple and works easily with placeholders in WD.
    Also there are freeware players that save you money

Please see this thread.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?p=296735

For embedding a .WMV - please see attached .web file
    Attached Files Attached Files

I copied the code you had for wmv into my placeholder and then copied my video into websiteXWDgregorystenotype_web_file. I get a prompt that says that file is not recognized by any of the installed filters. I also tried under Web Properties to Replace with/flash my movie that had the extensions ftv and I could not get the video to play. Can't the video's play in preview web sites and/or export web sites? I'm having lots of difficulty with this - so far nothing has worked for me. Looking forward to your answers.

Thanks,

Can you post your .web file please ?

I have never done this before. I have saved it as: WebsiteXSDgregorystenotype.web What's the procedure so you can see the .web? I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Hi Sheila,

Please see this instructional thread regarding post attachments

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=20727

Thank you for your help. I started the process but stopped because I didn't think it was going to work - unsure of the steps to take. Thanks for your help.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Sheila

Sheila, could you trying renaming your .wmv from Pro Cat reduced.wmv to procat_reduced.wmv, change the embed code to suit the new name & then export your site to your hard drive.

Hi:

I changed the code but I still could not get the video to work. I have this already up on a web site but wanted to switch over to XWD because I can do more with graphics. the web site is: www.gregorystenotype.com I changed the wmv to flv to see if it worked on my site and it did. I will be changing it back to .wmv.

I sure do appreciate your help. Looking forward to hearing from you. I have learned so much, but some of the threads are difficult to understand.

Sheila

Sheila your last .web file works perfectly for me when I use a .wmv file which I have named to suit your embedded code (procat_ reduced.wmv).

To correspond with the embedded code, the procat_ reduced.wmv file needs to be placed in the same folder as the index.htm (not the folder with all the images etc) and uploaded to your web space.

One question: How large is procat_ reduced.wmv? It may be that it's so large (megabytes) that it is taking a long time to buffer before playing.

Remember that your file WebsiteXSDgregorystenotype.web is simply the 'project file' for the site. It doesn't need to be uploaded, only saved for later work (if necessary).