Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question [Request] Text in placeholders >> Special Thread or Sticky Thread

There have been several posts concern text display using placeholder/javascript (ie., scrolling text, tables, etc.)

Could there be a thread in which the only moderators could post a summary prooven and tested examples? It is getting hard to sort all of this out. It is taking longer and longer to search all the threads. Sooner or later I suspect most of us will need to use a custom way of displaying text.

For me, the best method to do this would be an example of the code with variables in blue, parts of the code that are options.attriubutes in bold or a different color (possibly a definition of the attributes and values), and a screen shoot of the code in the applicable Web Properties screen. A screen capture showing the result in preview could be helpful too.

Regards, John
    Last edited by jclements; 02 April 2009 at 03:03 PM.

Default Re: [Request] Text in placeholders >> Special Thread or Sticky Thread

A "Placeholders FAQ" with examples of various usages could be helpful.

Also, documentation of the javascript functions output by XWD might be helpful and insightful.

Steven,

Moderators are volunteers not employees, we all have lives and jobs outside of Talkgraphics.

Any member can start a collection of frequently asked questions. For example Nickydude's Community Guide.

Perhaps you would like to start a FAQ?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

This is true, but they took the STICKY away from Nicky (I SO didn't mean for that to rhyme)

If Nicky stops coming or posting, we won't see his signature and won't have the guide to refer to.
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Moderators are volunteers not employees, we all have lives and jobs outside of Talkgraphics.
    Nothing in my post suggested it be limited to moderators. In fact, I would prefer it wasn't.

Bobby you can always book mark (add to favorites) the post with Nicky's community guide.

Steven I didn't mean to imply you were suggesting it be limited to moderators.

My post was more to inform any new members who assume moderators are Xara employees. We get a lot of that.

Although I for one would gladly become a Xara employee if a job was offered.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

It never occurred to me that I could bookmark a post. Good call.

I bet MOST of us would join Xara if they offered.
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris