Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default 2 Objects with one photo

I dropped a photo into a clip in a header, then by mistake I also dropped the same photo into another group on the same page, now I can't find any way to replace the bitmap image in the header. Everything I do to try to change the bitmap in the header also changes the second image on the page. I can't seperate them. Does anyone have ideas?

Default Re: 2 Objects with one photo

Hi,
    Select the 'container' containing the image you don't want in there and go to fill Icon on the side bar and change to flat fill and put in a color.
    Then after that you can fill with whatever.
    I think that will work
    Jim

To only replace one of the images, hold down the Ctrl key and then drag your new image on to the image you want to replace.

Thanks for the feedback,
    Scotty your technique worked perfectly, I changed the fill to solid color which broke the connection between the objects, then was able to select a bitmap fill and it worked. I still don't know exactly how the two items got linked.
    BQ when I hold down the ctrl key and drag in the new photo it just drops on the page at 500px it does not fill the object it is dropped on, so I'm not sure what you mean, because this did not work. Of course if there is a direct way to solve this problem I'm interested since it would improve the workflow, but I do have a functional workaround from Scotty.

I'm also interested to know how this linking objects occured in the first place since there are times it would be very nice, however when it happens unintentionally it is a pain in the behind.

Thanks again for the help.

vtechdev,
    If you change the fill to a flat fill it breaks the connection. Then change the fill back to Bitmap again. Now if you drop a photo on it, it will clip like the original one did. Worked for me!

Hi Jim,
    I know this works, that is why I replied to Scotty that his fix worked perfectly! I'm interested in knowing how to link two images to the same photo, and also if there is an easier way to break such a link OTHER than setting the fill to a flat color and then changeing to another photo.