Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer Problems

Hi have just purchased Xara Web Designer and was impressed but have a couple of problems and was wondering if anyone else has the same
    1.When I press preview I don't have a preview come up in the window just a blank page.
    2.As I would like to upload manually to my server I export the file to a folder in my documents and have a folder called index_htm_files and 2 htm files come up in that folder, index.htm which when opened is blank and index_2.htm which is the web page, so what's going on, is that what's suppose to happen?
    How can I save them as just index.html. and say maybe contact.html.
    I have done my websites in html for years but can't figure this one out.
    IP

Default Re: Web Designer Problems

No, this is definitely not what's supposed to happen.
    Can you please show us the web file that you are trying to export?
    Thank you.
    John.
    IP

Sounds like maybe you have a blank "page one" (index) up above what you are designing on page two (index2 - thinking it's page one). Try to scroll up and select the page above and then go to edit-pages-delete current page.

Preview will always start with page one and if there is nothing there (based on what you are exporting, this must be the case), and nothing to link to the page your stuff is on, it just looks like it doesn't work.

Does that help?
    IP

Did you drag one of the templates onto your work surface? If you do, it comes in as the second page with the original blank page above it.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11
    IP

Hey guys thanks heaps I must have had a blank page there as well so have to be careful not to do that. Thanks for your info it worked.
    IP