Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Multi-page background

Quote Originally Posted by nickydude View Post
    Sledger, I know about cascading style sheets (, just wondered if there was a 'WYSIWYG' way of doing it.
    Yes of course, but how am I to know that?
    Besides, answers to questions on the forum are for anyones benefit right ?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by BQ View Post
    If you want to change all the pages to the same background color, go to Utilities > Options > Page Size and check "all pages in website the same size". Then when you change one of the pages background, they all change. After you make the background change, you can change the setting back if you want.
    Yes that works great if all your pages required at the same size (most would be I admit).
    But take care because if you do have various sized pages for your site design, this method will muck things up somewhat..
    IP

EXCELLENT point Steve. I edited my post with this information.
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Another thing to remember about solid colour backgrounds is to use a named colour so when you end up with several pages sharing that colour you can just edit the named colour and have all using it update accordingly.

Regards, Ross
    IP

Hi,
    Well I created a 'Lineal fill" in Photo paint and exported as a bitmap. I had two Web designer pages set imported my "Lineal Image" deleted from pasteboard went to Bitmpa Gallery select my Lineal Gragient image, selected background from Gallery men and it set my 'Background' on all pages to the lineal fill automatically. As I mentioned in my original post.
    Jim
    IP

Another good tip Ross
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Hi,
    Well I created a 'Lineal fill" in Photo paint and exported as a bitmap. I had two Web designer pages set imported my "Lineal Image" deleted from pasteboard went to Bitmpa Gallery select my Lineal Gragient image, selected background from Gallery men and it set my 'Background' on all pages to the lineal fill automatically. As I mentioned in my original post.
    Jim
    That only sets the background of the currently selected page for me Jim.
    (The page with the corner marks)
    You'll have to tell me the secret?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	set_background_from_gallery.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	58036  
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I attach a version of Sledger's earlier posting. It has been edited to include four objects that have named colours that are a 'shades' of the background. Try editing the named background colour and see how all the linked 'shades' alter in a coordinated way. Note that in the last object it is a line colour rather than a fill that is a 'shade'.

This feature of Xara-WD is awesome. It could save soooo... much time!

Regards, Ross
    IP

Hi,
    I had all pages the same size checked, maybe that is why. Other than that I don't know. My Lineal gradient Image tho' is quite long (height 1024HX23w pixels)
    Jim
    IP

I'm fairly new to posting here, but have read plenty of great tips and enjoyed many of the excellent designs shared by the other forum members. The user name happened I suppose, because it was my state of mind the night I registered on the forum after several hours of playing with the newly downloaded Web Designer, I try things first to see what happens and after a few failures I may look at the Help page. Great software - ideal for my needs, priced right and I use it for fun, not for a living.

The attached 'Set Backgrounds.web' file has some pointers of different methods I have found to make changes to backgrounds on some of my experimental web designs. They may be useful to you, it depends partly I think, on whether in the Utilities menu under Options on the Page Size tab you have a check in the box for 'all pages in the website the same size' if not and you vary page sizes the backgrounds seem to act independently. Good luck with your experimenting.

Randy
    IP