Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Multi-page background

I'm new to Web Designer. How do I apply the same background to all pages of a project simultaneously? Wheather the background be a solid color or tiled bitmap.
    Thanks,
    John
    IP

Default Re: Multi-page background

Hi,
    If it is a tiled background import your tile image, got to Image gallery and select the image, then on top menu click on "background" or if it is a color, CTRl+color form coloar bar and drag to page.
    Jim
    IP

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

That will give him background, but not on all pages at the same time.

I was watching this thread to see whether there was a way or not.

I don't see one.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 24 March 2009 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Deleted unnecessary quote of an earlier post ~ Egg
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris
    IP

Hi,

You can see how to do it on the example page I have created here:
    http://www.netsi.dk/XWD/backgroundgraphics.htm

You can also download the .WEB example from there
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"
    IP

If you need a full browser screen background on all pages, rather than just a WD 'page area' background, ctrl+Drag your background (bitmap/tile or colour bar colour) to your first new WD page then go to Edit>>Pages>>Duplicate current page
    Repeat the page duplication step as many times as you need pages with the same full browser screen background.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

What happens if you've made 30 pages with a certain background (or colour) and you decide you want to change the background on the 30 pages already made?
    IP

Andrew,
    For the time being, if the background is a solid colour you can change it via editing the default.css file location in the output folder index_htm_files:

/* Document settings */
    body {background-color:#ffffff; font-family:sans-serif;}

HTML Color codes (and names) can be found all over the web.

If you used a bitmap background, then open index_htm_files and swap the image for another of the same name. (0.jpg in my previously posted .web example)

I agree though, that a function to change the background on all pages in a .web project would be a sensible addition to Web Designer.
    Something like: Right-Click on WD page >> Repeat Background to all pages.. (Just under Default Page Background)
    IP

For the time being, if the background is a solid colour you can change it via editing the default.css file location in the output folder index_htm_files:
    Sledger, I know about cascading style sheets (, just wondered if there was a 'WYSIWYG' way of doing it.
    IP

If you want to change all the pages to the same background color, go to Utilities > Options > Page Size and check "all pages in website the same size". Then when you change one of the pages background, they all change. After you make the background change, you can change the setting back if you want.

edit: As mentioned by Sledger in his post below "Yes that works great if all your pages required at the same size (most would be I admit). But take care because if you do have various sized pages for your site design, this method will muck things up somewhat".
    Last edited by BQ; 24 March 2009 at 11:01 PM.
    IP

Good catch! Another one for the guide.
    IP