Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .asp includes?

Default Re: .asp includes?

I did notice that it still creates an .htm page in addition to the .asp page. On the page tab of the web properties I have it specified to be an .asp page and when I export the files, I specify the page name as xxxx.asp, it updates the existing .asp page and generates a new .htm page. I just delete the htm page and all is well. I'm just happy it works. I use a couple of asp programs, the other is a password protection script that uses asp with an access database backend also. Since the calendar program is working, I should have no problems with the password program.
    IP

Default Re: .asp includes?

Yes, the first page must be htm/html and it has to be exported due to technical reasons (to feed it to the html preview actually ). If you don't need it, you simply can leave it empty and give it some arbitrary name. But it is not recommended to delete it after export. If you will re-export the site, this page will tell WD what files and directories were exported before so that it can correctly delete redundant images e.t.c. Otherwise you may end up with some trash in your _files folder.
    John.
    IP