Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Master layers......outline preview....

http://fc36.deviantart.com/fs44/f/20...phonius821.jpg
    It depends on what type of stuff people are doing..............
    The more complex a design gets, the more cluttered and complex it becomes the more necessary it comes for some people to rely on layers to manage the object load...

And this feature would allow the user to quickly identify all the objects on a certain layer (even if obscured) without having to perhaps go down and switch 9 layers off and back on again.
    Last edited by morphonius_821; 25 March 2009 at 11:59 AM.

That's not a drawing David that is an auto tracing. I can't think of a situation when I would use a tracing from Xara it is simply too messy others will disagree with that but that i my opinion. If it is a simple line drawing from a pen & ink sketch I will put it on a topmost layer give it a transparency and lock it, tracing underneath that layer. If I draw a marker rendered drawing I put this one to the bottom and trace using the Edit Tool and work from front to back.

What I am saying here that is quicker to draw out things in the long run rather than play about with an auto traced drawing which can take a huge amount of time as you have found out by the looks of that wireframe. I wish you good luck!
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    That's not a drawing David that is an auto tracing.
    I actually penned EVERY SINGLE one of those objects.
    Whilst I can understand why you would have that suspicion, I actually did this piece manually.
    I have not (nor would I ever employ auto vectoring) and of course in this instance this is most definitely not the case...

The fact that you suspect this is an auto trace does not surprise me as i virtually did do manually a similar thing (producing this) to what an auto trace routine is designed to do automatically...
    However i would argue much more adeptly (in fact it would greatly surprise me if producing anything approaching this sophistication is possible with the auto trace functionality in any vector application...) ...

Im talking about the finished piece (that i just posted up)
    Last edited by morphonius_821; 26 March 2009 at 11:33 AM.