Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Ftp

Default Ftp

Hi, I have just purchased web designer; I have a site hosted elsewhere but they do not allow FTP transfer; can someone suggest the best FTP client to use with xara?
    IP

Default Re: Ftp

Try [a FTP tool] and its free (for personal use)! Howevr, it will only work if the host accepts FTP uploads of course. It seems odd that FTP transfers do not appear to be allowed - I wonder what they actually mean?

[link removed]
    Last edited by remi; 23 March 2009 at 04:11 PM. Reason: link removed, please consult our forum rules
    IP

If it doesn't allow ftp transfer, I have 2 questions:

1. Why do you want a ftp client?

2. How do you usually upload your files?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Hi the programme I'm using just uploads the files for me. Not sure what to do now? Should I transfer my site to an FTP programme that does?
    IP

Each FTP software is able to transfer files from an individual directory to your webserver or from the webserver to your local PC. But some customers (or some servers) don't allow FTP transfers. In this case you have to find alternatives. We've discussed this yesterday here.

But please reconsider, that Xara Web Designer is not able to import a already available website, anyway.

Remi

------------------------
    Disclaimer 1:
    I don't use Xara Web Designer, therefore it could be, that my answer may not consider the current features of Xara Web Designer.

Disclaimer 2 (necessary these days):
    I'm not implying anything I haven't said.
    Last edited by remi; 24 March 2009 at 03:10 AM.
    IP

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Quote Originally Posted by itsrichard View Post
    Hi, I have just purchased web designer; I have a site hosted elsewhere but they do not allow FTP transfer; can someone suggest the best FTP client to use with xara?
    Is it one of those places where you select where stuff goes and then upload each image one at a time?

If that's the case, design your site in XWD, then go to your design tool and select the files you need from the index.htm_files folder.
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris
    IP

I can't FTP either as I have Microsoft Extensions set. I export the files to my hard drive and bring them into Microsoft Expressions web to do the upload.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11
    IP