Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I insert my .flv videos?

Hi - I just purchased XWD, and I'm wondering how to insert my .flv videos into XWD pages - or do I need to export to a heavy duty program like DreamWeaver. Thanks. - Bob
    IP

Default Re: How do I insert my .flv videos?

Hi Bob, this question was asked just yesterday

See this thread (answer from post #4)
    IP

Thumbs up Re: How do I insert my .flv videos?

Hi Bob M
    This link is very useful & works. Unfortunately it involves getting dirty with html. It is a shortcoming of WD which I otherwise love. It would be good if the Xara folks could weave some of their magic here so we could drag & drop mpegs & stuff onto the page. The following link also displays controls on the page. The nunzio website is well worth a look, especially at the code behind some of the pages (much as I hate code I cannot resist a look)

http://nunzioweb.com/misc/movies/ifr...ed_example.htm
    td
    IP

Thanks, sledger and Teedee -

Pending responses (and not realizing someone had already asked the same question), I took the page out to an older version of DreamWeaver (8) - slipped the flv's in easily. Nonetheless, hoping Xara makes a code-spare update or little add-on to XWD. Best regards, and thanks again. - Bob

PS: XWD is certainly a quick site starter
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Teedee View Post
    Unfortunately it involves getting dirty with html. It is a shortcoming of WD which I otherwise love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob M View Post
    I took the page out to an older version of DreamWeaver (8) - slipped the flv's in easily.

Hint: Placeholders are your friend
    IP