Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Nar Buttons

Default Nar Buttons

When I added the stretch buttons to my template the other templates would not update repeating objects - the narv bar area went blank. Can't I use a different template in the same series and the same narv bars copy over?:,

When you first save your document is it suppose to be .web?

Most of my video's are made in wmv, do I just copy the htm and put it in the placeholder? When I do a preview the video does not play.

Thank you,
    Sheila
    IP

Default Narv Bars

I posted three questions yesterday 9:27 by Sheila regarding Nar Bars, video's etc. and nobody answered any of the questions - View 34. Is it because no body knows the answer or you don't answer all questions submitted? Waiting for a reply.

Thank you,
    Sheila
    IP

Default Re: Nar Buttons

Hi Sheila, welcome to TG Forums.

As you may notice, the forums have been very busy recently, so I apologise that your post may have been missed.

I have merged your two threads as they relate to the same thing.

Also, TG is not run by Xara or their employees but rather by a group of keen enthusiasts who all have jobs and other interests to attend to.
    Occasionally some Xara developers do drop by and help where they can, recently John (covoxer) has been very active and has been able to help answer questions about and offer solutions for the newly launched Wed Designer software.

Your questions may seem a little confusing as you have used unfamiliar terms, I assume you are meaning 'Nav' bar rather than Nar?

.web files are the 'project' file for your site. They are the default file type for your Web Designer project.
    Exporting creates the html and resources ready for uploading.

Video and other media files require object embedding code which is placed in a 'placeholder' as you have said. However the exact code required is dependent on the media type you want to embed.

There have been many discussions about this throughout the Web Designer forum.
    Here's one which concentrates on the .wmv file type
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...55&postcount=4

If you could re word your Nav bar question, perhaps someone will chip in with an answer there too

Regards
    Steve
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila
    When I added the stretch buttons to my template the other templates would not update repeating objects - the narv bar area went blank. Can't I use a different template in the same series and the same narv bars copy over?
    Consider attaching a copy of your .web file to your next post. That way, others can better understand the ill effects that you're experiencing.
    IP

Hi Sheila,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Please remember we are all new to Web Designer and learning as we go along.

Although the program has some features of Xara Xtreme many of the features a new to this release.

Please attach your .web file as Curtis (cursor) requested. That will help us understand what is happening and find a way to correct it.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP