I've managed to get Xara2 to run in Linux, using wine. However, the problem is that Xara cannot find any of its templates. I believe this is because Linux/Unix is case-sensitive in its directory names and windows is not. I am trying to get around this problem bu trying all-uppercase and all-lowercase directory names - but it is very complicated. Hopefully someone (possibly at xara) can comment - here are the errors:

1. On launch, and everytime I attempt to create a new document I get the error: "An error occured (permission denied) when opening the file:" with nothing, mysteriously, after "file:". I think this is because it can't find the templates, which relates to...

2. Only 1 template listed in File->New, and that is "Drawing" as always. Animation is greyed out.

3. At odd times, like when closing the About box, it says, "AN invalid pathname has been supplied!" and when oking the box from #1, "Could not open the input file."

I'm pretty sure it isn't an actual permissions error, as even when run as root (the superuser) it gives these errors. if anyone has any ideas as to what case xara usually uses that would, i think, help a lot.

For interest sake what I do see of Xara is fast (once loaded) and exactly like it is when run in windows.

Nathan

Nathan Heagy
<HR>
Blow Your Beef Away
Cow Comics!