Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Logo design competition... just for Kicks!

If everyone REALLY wants another competition, why wait for a bounty to spark your creativity and interest. I am trying to come up with a Logo for the recreational soccer club of which I am President. I will not profit from this venture. So if you truly want to exercise your free spirit and creativity, here are the details:

Team name: Cataraqui Soccer Club
    Colours: Blue*, Black and White
    Established: 1976
    * the dark blue in the top-right example is the blue we are after. The others are earlier examples, which are too light.

The word "Cataraqui" needs to be most prominent. The words "Soccer Club" are secondary, and the logo should include a small red maple leaf (Canadian, eh?!) and the "est. '76 or established 1976" in some fashion. I would like to have a soccer ball design incorporated, or a player and ball. But anything relevant to soccer would be of interest.

The design will be used as a silk screen on jersey's/T-shirts, not an embrodery. It may evolve into a patch/embroidery, but for now, we want something that we can produce relatively inexpensively, and which frees up the design. It will mostly be used on uniforms... letterhead... website... etc. So the design should work well in the range around 5"x5" - 2"x2".

I did post some time ago, looking for ways of creating a soccer ball with xara. I thought this would pose an interesting challenge, and I got a couple of bites. But for the most part it was just "look at this tutorial" and although I always learn something from the tutorials, this was no help in this instance. So I just worked on it myself.

My reason for bringing it up again, is that responses on the thread "What gives with logomania?" appeared to show people's interested in another challenge. And they all seemed to be of the mindset that money was not the driving force. It was actually Sheff's comment "It was kinda like school again", that prompted me. I too always loved a challenge in school. While other students would groan when a project was announced, I always looked forward to the chance to broaden my experience and knowledge. It wasn't for money, or even the need for good marks. It was the search for something untapped inside me.

So I am offering a "Class Project". If anyone (and I do mean ANYONE) wants to cut their chops on a sports logo, have at it.

I would love to see what others may come up with.

Cheers,
    James

Here are a few of my trials...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CataraquiTrials.jpg 
Views:	959 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	12802  

If everyone REALLY wants another competition, why wait for a bounty to spark your creativity and interest. I am trying to come up with a Logo for the recreational soccer club of which I am President. I will not profit from this venture. So if you truly want to exercise your free spirit and creativity, here are the details:

Team name: Cataraqui Soccer Club
    Colours: Blue*, Black and White
    Established: 1976
    * the dark blue in the top-right example is the blue we are after. The others are earlier examples, which are too light.

The word "Cataraqui" needs to be most prominent. The words "Soccer Club" are secondary, and the logo should include a small red maple leaf (Canadian, eh?!) and the "est. '76 or established 1976" in some fashion. I would like to have a soccer ball design incorporated, or a player and ball. But anything relevant to soccer would be of interest.

The design will be used as a silk screen on jersey's/T-shirts, not an embrodery. It may evolve into a patch/embroidery, but for now, we want something that we can produce relatively inexpensively, and which frees up the design. It will mostly be used on uniforms... letterhead... website... etc. So the design should work well in the range around 5"x5" - 2"x2".

I did post some time ago, looking for ways of creating a soccer ball with xara. I thought this would pose an interesting challenge, and I got a couple of bites. But for the most part it was just "look at this tutorial" and although I always learn something from the tutorials, this was no help in this instance. So I just worked on it myself.

My reason for bringing it up again, is that responses on the thread "What gives with logomania?" appeared to show people's interested in another challenge. And they all seemed to be of the mindset that money was not the driving force. It was actually Sheff's comment "It was kinda like school again", that prompted me. I too always loved a challenge in school. While other students would groan when a project was announced, I always looked forward to the chance to broaden my experience and knowledge. It wasn't for money, or even the need for good marks. It was the search for something untapped inside me.

So I am offering a "Class Project". If anyone (and I do mean ANYONE) wants to cut their chops on a sports logo, have at it.

I would love to see what others may come up with.

Cheers,
    James

Here are a few of my trials...

Hi James,

Here's an attempt.

-Ed.

Name:	Cataraqui.jpg 
Views:	940 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	10528  

Full color version.

Name:	Cataraqui2.jpg 
Views:	903 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	15065  

Hi James,

Here's my first attempt.

Name:	cataraqui-logo.gif 
Views:	848 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	19556  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Ed, Bill & John, thanks for the interest.

I like your colour version Ed. "Soccer Club" needs to be part of the logo though, as "Cataraqui Soccer Club" is the Official Name. Did you create that soccer ball?

Maybe we should change it to Cataraqui Buckyball Club!

Cheers

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

James - I've made this one just in black & white meaning a very straightforward screenprinting job in whatever colour you like. (I think it could look good printed white on dark blue tee-shirts). I could create a blue version for letterhead/flyers etc. if you wanted.

By-the-way I did that soccer ball in Xara from a photo using a shareware bitmap filter called 'rasterline'. I don't recall where I got the filter.

Regards, Ross

Name:	cataraqui1.gif 
Views:	750 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	6480  

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Hey - I knew it could look good printed white on a dark shirt...

Name:	shirt.jpg 
Views:	738 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	8735  

Hi
    I have one question...What is the date of delivery of logo? And what is the date of expiry?

I like it, let´s do it :-)

With regards
    miress
    [you see it]

Some very nice looking logos. Not sure mine are up to the standards already set.

Name:	cataraqui-logos.gif 
Views:	651 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	4451  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update