Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: html in browser

Default Re: html in browser

It would be a simple thing to check for a 'index_htm_files' folder at your host. Then, check for presence of those specific files that are not showing up on your home page.
    IP

My only suggestion at this stage is to either contact me privately as offered, or to submit a support ticket to Xara.. Sorry, I think we've covered everythng else
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    It would be a simple thing to check for a 'index_htm_files' folder at your host. Then, check for presence of those specific files that are not showing up on your home page.
    Curtis they are not where the index.html is expecting them.
    http://www.dominica-red.com/index_html_files/

It is clear they are not being uploaded.

I'm afraid we have reached a deadlock..
    IP

[removed]
    John.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Clearly your index_htm_files folder is not being uploaded via WD's Publish function.
    If you are following the steps I provided, then it's difficult to understand why. So I must accept that you have followed the steps but something else is going wrong. This could be that your host is preventing the creation of a new folder, so index_htm_files is not being successfully uploaded. This could be a permissions setting for your hosted account. WD can do nothing about this, so you would need to speak to your hosting company about this.

An alternative to using WD's Publish function, it to use an FTP Client such as FileZilla and uploaded all your files manually.

I can offer to privately help if that's acceptable, you may contact me using sledger [@] gmail.com
    i had also tried this altenative and then only got html text when i viewed the site!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    My only suggestion at this stage is to either contact me privately as offered, or to submit a support ticket to Xara.. Sorry, I think we've covered everythng else
    i have sent you a mail at gmail
    IP

Export your site as index.htm (not "html" but "htm"). Then publish.
    This seems to be related to one bug that we are aware of.
    In this case, the page was exported as index.html but files were published in "index_htm_files" folder. (http://www.dominica-red.com/index_htm_files/)
    John.
    IP

Thanks John - this is not a bug I was aware of...

Though it does show that in spite of explicit instructions, the distinction between .htm and .html can be missed completely.
    IP

By "we" I meant developers.
    It will be fixed on the following update.
    John.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by lady V View Post
    i have sent you a mail at gmail
    I have not receive any email from you, did you make sure to remove the box quotes and spaces from sledger [@] gmail.com ??
    IP