Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Input Form

Default Input Form

Are there any forms available for XWD I want to have people enter their info and have it email to me, or can I import forms created in Front Page and use them in XWD.

Elavatorman
    Last edited by elevatorman; 21 March 2009 at 02:22 PM.
    IP

Default Re: Input Form

Elavatorman, do a search on "forms" in this forum. There's quite a few methods to implement them in XWD using placeholders.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

As pointed out in other threads (and by Egg here) there are alternatives. I tried out the coffee cup option and it seems to be pretty flexible, installs easily, supports php or asp backends, is only $39, and will simplify my life, not to mention make better looking forms than my hour of tinkering with one manually. Since I build web sites with things like automated contact forms as an a le cart extra, doing one of these for a client will pay for the software.

It would be nice if there were some facility for this in XWD, but it would need to be as simple as the CC one or it would miss the mark. Doing forms and databases and emails and such from scratch is not a simple proposition. I know people who charge $100 and up to just do the "programming" behind a simple email form when a designer has given them the design, the input fields, etc.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by slavelle View Post
    It would be nice if there were some facility for this in XWD, but it would need to be as simple as the CC one or it would miss the mark. Doing forms and databases and emails and such from scratch is not a simple proposition. I know people who charge $100 and up to just do the "programming" behind a simple email form when a designer has given them the design, the input fields, etc.
    That would be because the programming behind a simple form isn't always a simple solution. Nowadays, you have to filter the input, protect against automatic submissions, prevent the form from being used to send spam, etc...
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com
    IP

If you just want basic info mailed to you:

John [covoxer] donated a snippet for getting a simple form to open up in a blank mail (I've edited it a bit)- enter in Web Properties>>Link to Web Address:

mailto:name@anymail.com subject:contact details body:Please fill in this form%0a%0aNAME%0a%0aPHONE%0a%0aEMAIL%0a%0aMESSAGE
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

I ve tried it but the link I use disappears from page. Any ideas?
    IP