Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Animated GIFs: Making and Using them in XWD

This is a multi-questioned posting, I hope its not too confusing but most are related to one another . The particulars can be read in the .WEB files and observed by previewing them in your browser.

One issue which is not noted in the .web files is that sometimes the placeholders wont display the GIF files. The filename and path are correct in Web Properties >> Placeholder Tab >> Replace with graphic .... but the Browser Button had to be used to reload the file. I always have to do this if I modify the animated GIF after placing it in a Placeholder.

JohnC
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Default Re: Animated GIFs: Making and Using them in XWD

When you select your file for the "Replace with graphic" placeholder, this file is automatically copied to the "mydesign_web_files". This folder is created along with your web file ("mydesign" is actually a name of your web file) and holds all your images and swf's used with placeholders. When you export your site or preview it, the file from this "web_files" folder is always exported with a site.
    So, when you modify the original gif file, it will not change it's copy that's used with site. You have to modify the gif located in the "web_files" folder.
    John.
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Thanks for the tip.
    IP

John

Why can't you just place the animated GIF file on the page where you want it? The browser plays the GIF file, doesn't it?
    IP

Why can't you just place the animated GIF file on the page where you want it? The browser plays the GIF file, doesn't it?
    I too expected that importing Animated GIFs would be as simple as placing then on a page as a graphic. Not So. That way only one frame of the animation shows and the placeholder still does not show the gif in XWD.

The only way seems to be as Covoxer describes earlier in this thread.

I think this is another area of XWD that requires simplifying.
    IP