Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Fair Lady

Hybrid View

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Gotta some time today... Hope I can get lots more done. Boy, getting the highlights and shadows right on the chest is a pain! Just starting on the left side...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1upload.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	6908  
    John/DOT

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Sure does John! Oh and that background .xar looks very cool with just the shadow. Thanks for posting it - neato to see how you did it. (I'll have to use those alt-rainbow fills more often).

Regards, Ross

Okay, I worked on this a little more. What do you think now. A little better?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1upload.jpg 
Views:	640 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	1285  
    John/DOT

Hi Ross,

Thanks to the comments and compliments. Looking at it again, the highlights are a bit ovewhelming I will tone em down and see if it is any better.

On the funky background, I just played around with some fractal fills/tranparencies. here is the .xar with just the background and shadow layers. The background is 3 rectangles each on it's own layer.

The shadow is a little more complex. I took the 3 rectangles, made a bitmap copy of them, then cut out the lady's silloette. I used this to develop the wall shadow.

See .xar...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    John/DOT

Hello Carol,

Carol,

I think she would be a good subject. But teenage girls do not like to pose for pictures. I guess I will have to convince her.

I started to do my grandaughter, but the kid does not stand still long enough to get a good picture. At least one good enough to draw from.

BTW: Thanks for enjoying the picture. the blouse looks almost real enough to touch, unless you look real close and hard.
    John/DOT

This last image you posted looks like it's really coming together John. Softer and more glowing. Very nice!!

Happy Anniversary to you both!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

John I struggle with people and have only posted one drawing in this catagory but if I can make a few suggestion your lady lacks depth around the eyes and would think more shading is required as eyes are 3D if you know what I mean.

I think also her mouth needs more definition especially around her teeth and towards the back of her mouth it is too light or maybe this is just because of the size of the jpeg?

I am sure if you keep working at it she will turn out a real stunner.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Hey John,

Looking good! I wish I could do people. i tried drawing from a photo of my Dad once but gave up.

Well done.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Carol Leather

hi Bill,

I think the blouse is the hardest part. Trying to get realistic white shadows and white highlights on a white blouse is not as easy as it seems...
    John/DOT

I think this final looks just SUPER John!! I think the hair looks much softer, don't you?? The blouse is perfect, as is the rest of the illustration!!

Big Thumbs Up! I think this is like your first really big project that we have watched from start to finish, eh?? I could be wrong but then again I've been wrong allot in my life!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---