Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Lock Radius

Lightbulb Lock Radius

Perhaps a 'Lock Radius' modifier key (? + drag) could be implemented to allow rounded rectangles to maintain a set curvature rather than a proportional one when the rectangle is resized.

See this recent TG thread started by new member JLX

Thumbs up Re: Lock Radius

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Perhaps a 'Lock Radius' modifier key (? + drag) could be implemented to allow rounded rectangles to maintain a set curvature rather than a proportional one when the rectangle is resized.

See this recent TG thread started by new member JLX
    I agree
    Javier

Default Re: Lock Radius

That's a great suggestion. I thought this was going to be about locking the center point because sometimes I accidentally move it when I don't want to and when I do move it on purpose, it doesn't stay in its new position. If I go and edit other objects and then come back to it, sometime it defaults back to center or the center point is now using a different location from the center point of another object.
    Sheff
    My Site

Exclamation Re: Lock Radius

Thanks sleger for linking the discussion thread. I was going to make a new post but as this one has already been started, I'll just add my support for it here.

Xara Devs, if you haven't already, please do read the thread as it not only explains in detail the need for *fixed radius* rounded rectangles - but also why it's also important to be able to specify settings for NEW rectangles that are created (not just being able to resize EXISTING ones).

For me, the seemingly simple ability to be able to set corner sizes and have them stay consistent as you create new rectangles is very important as I do it all the time.

Here's hoping it makes it into an update soon. Thanks for the consideration. Cheers, -J.

Default Re: Lock Radius

A definite TWO THUMBS UP.