Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Groovy tabbed navigation bar

Oh man, I just spent all last night and today making one from scratch. Just finished and I saw that!
    IP

Stuart I hope your time was a good learning experience and your tabbed interface/menu is working.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Yes it has been, I'm really beginning to see the power of the program now. Especially as I look at other peoples sites and can kind of deconstruct their graphics in my head and figure out how they made them. One issue I am having is with layers.

I see here

http://www.tutorial9.net/category/photoshop/

that the dark cylinder that shows the page is open around the 'recent' tab is added to each page individually (or at least it can be done like that). This is what I intend to do. I want however nav words as just text like on the tutorial9 page, not a button like in the Xara templates.

I cannot though get the text to go white when the mouse goes over it. I tried messing around with the layers tab and its kind of corrupted the document as now I'm having trouble pasting new things in and arranging them one on top of each other.

Any ideas?

I have a deadline to get this site ready for Monday so I will post it up then for everyone to laugh at (-:
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart
    I'm really beginning to see the power of the program now. Especially as I look at other peoples sites and can kind of deconstruct their graphics in my head and figure out how they made them.
    Hey Stuart ... deconstruct this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cursor; 20 March 2009 at 08:32 PM.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by stuart1980 View Post
    I cannot though get the text to go white when the mouse goes over it. I tried messing around with the layers tab and its kind of corrupted the document as now I'm having trouble pasting new things in and arranging them one on top of each other.

Any ideas?

I have a deadline to get this site ready for Monday so I will post it up then for everyone to laugh at (-:

Stuart to have the text change to white on mouseover give the text on your mouseover image a white colour.

Make the mouseover layer visible. With the Text tool swipe the text for the button just like selecting words in a paragraph. This will select the text within the group/soft group. With the text selected you can switch to the Selector Tool and click on the colour line and select Fill Color from the popup menu.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP