Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Discrepancies

Question Discrepancies

I don’t know if anyone has addressed this before since I haven’t scanned all posts in talk graphics.

I have found discrepancies between Font Sizes when importing a website design from XXP4 to XWD. 8 point becomes 10.67 and 10 point becomes 13.33, etc.. I also notice that other relationships are slightly different such as where text fields end and also some of the text spacing. This affects my nav bars which are had built. Interestingly the fonts look about the same size in both XXP4 and XWD.

Does this mean that all font sizes need to be setup in pixels to have commonality between the two Xara products? Or are these differences permanent? Someone please explain.

Thank you.
    IP

Default Re: Discrepancies

WD automatically rounds font sizes to whole pixels. It has also slightly changed text rendering to more closely match the browsers text rendering.
    You can disable this in the options dialog:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	options.png 
Views:	168 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	57753  
    John.
    IP

Default Re: Discrepancies

Hi John,

Web Designer uses pixels as font size. The 10 point font size in Xtreme is 13.33 pixels in Web Designer.

Using common units in both applications will help with the issues you mentioned.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP