Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default [Request] don't MOVE repeating objects + Don't RESIZE repeated textboxes

From the Manual about Repeating Objects
    ___
    ...Other repeating objects, (those which do not cover any part of the top half of the page) are moved to be in the same position relative to the bottom of each page.
    ___
    An option for not moving repeating objects to the same position would be great, instead of just updating it's looks or content.
    Also for 'not resizing textboxes' of repeated textboxes would be really useful:

See the attached file for some simple news example:

Page1: contains an overview of each news item by resizing the textbox. Each of the textbox is a repeated object. The greyed out text area should not be exported to HTML and cut off.

Page2: contains the full story of each news item as found in page 1 - except the textbox is larger and on a different position. News would be have to edited on page 2 before pressing Update repeated objects.

Also in the Web Properties Dialog, there should be an option to link to a page and anchor, technically this is possible (e.g. href="www.yourwebsite.com/page2.htm#item2").

These are just some ideas here, the developers would be busy enough i guess, would be nice to have though..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Nostaw; 19 March 2009 at 01:03 PM.
    IP

Default Re: [Request] don't MOVE repeating objects + Don't RESIZE repeated textboxes

hmm... anyone?
    IP

Default Re: [Request] don't MOVE repeating objects + Don't RESIZE repeated textboxes

If I understand you correctly, this seems to be a contradiction. A Repeating Object is just that. If you want to vary the way it is handled give it a similar (but different) name. WD help covers this very well. For example I have Tas navbars (Repeating:tasSidebar) and WA navbars (Repeating:waSidebar). They are very similar; both were created from a standard navbar, but because they are named differently they are updated differently.

I understand what you say about enlarged versions of the same thing, but again, it is NOT the same. Where do you go with allowing differences: Allow Font variation/font size/font weight/alignment/color.... Sorry but not really feasible.

Your Page 1 contains headings while page 2 contains the details; they are different. I think you are complicating an otherwise simple situation. There are a number of simple ways though:
    * Headings on Page 1 with links to anchors on Page 2
    * Headings on Page 1 with links to separate pages for each item (this would allow a database approach as a more advanced approach)
    * All on a single page with the details in popup layers. Suitable for a smal number of items; not suitable for, say, 50 or more items
    td

Quote Originally Posted by Nostaw View Post
    From the Manual about Repeating Objects
    ___
    ...Other repeating objects, (those which do not cover any part of the top half of the page) are moved to be in the same position relative to the bottom of each page.
    ___
    An option for not moving repeating objects to the same position would be great, instead of just updating it's looks or content.
    Also for 'not resizing textboxes' of repeated textboxes would be really useful:

See the attached file for some simple news example:

Page1: contains an overview of each news item by resizing the textbox. Each of the textbox is a repeated object. The greyed out text area should not be exported to HTML and cut off.

Page2: contains the full story of each news item as found in page 1 - except the textbox is larger and on a different position. News would be have to edited on page 2 before pressing Update repeated objects.

Also in the Web Properties Dialog, there should be an option to link to a page and anchor, technically this is possible (e.g. href="www.yourwebsite.com/page2.htm#item2").

These are just some ideas here, the developers would be busy enough i guess, would be nice to have though..
    IP