Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Hello New here and have some ?

I have purchased xara web designer have built a site with it what a great program I have a site hosted already now my question is what do I need to do to test my site on the web or how can upload them to my site so I can show them off kind lost with this can someone help or is there a tutorial on this and thanks in advance .......................
    IP

Default Re: Hello New here and have some ?

I have a site hosted already now my question is what do I need to do to test my site on the web
    Is it hosted/uploaded, or is it not?
    IP

If you have a site hosted already, then you can upload your new XWD site as a test subdirectory site. This will only be visible to you, as only you (or anyone else you tell), will know the name of the subdirectory, and will not affect your current site.

So, if your current site is mydomain.com, you can create a subdirectory called (for example) test_xwd. Then the URL to that new site will be mydomain.com/test_xwd

You will need to access your web server using either FTP or File Manager of your web host to create a new folder called test_xwd (in my example), then upload the new site into that folder. In XWD publish settings, for the subfolder settings, you firstly need to put the same folder as for your current website (could be www, or public_html, for example, depending on your web host requirements), followed by test_xwd (or whatever you decide to call it). So in my example, the subfolder setting would be:

public_html/test_xwd

Good luck
    Rick
    Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    Is it hosted/uploaded, or is it not?
    No i have a vb forum hosted

well after doing some ftp file uploading still no luck wonder what i am doing wrong new 2 all this i am an Executive Chef i can take any kinda animal apart but this is 2 much for me lol .................................

do i need 2 edit the main page so i can view it eeerrrrrrr........
    IP

If you like to PM me your host FTP login details, I am happy to have a look for you. It should be just a matter of publishing to the right folder, but I need to have a look to further advise you. You can change your password after I finish.

Rick
    Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!
    IP

I really appreciate your help but got it 2 work just had a long day @ work 13hrs and killing time with this or i like 2 call it unwind time lol thanks
    IP

I assume you do know that there is a preview button

If you do upload it to your website, make sure none of your pages are
    named the same, like index.html because it will overwrite the original.
    Or you could create a subfolder to test with but you still have to be careful to make sure you always upload to that subfolder.
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Hi Free2saute! Welcome to the the Talkgraphics forums.

Can you post a link to your Xara-WD created site so we can see what you've created?

Regards, Ross
    IP