Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XX4 templates to XWD

Is there a way to grab the templates in XX4 and put 'em into the list of templates available in XWD? I was able to open one, then save it to a new folder, then navigate there and work on it with XWD ... but I'd just like to add all the XX4 templates in one fell swoop.
    IP

Default Re: XX4 templates to XWD

Hi Ken,

See the post in this link http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...30&postcount=6
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Thanks ... but I have Xtreme 4, not Pro. The path given in the referenced post shows path C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme Pro 4\Clipart\websitetemplates.

I can get to C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme 4\Clipart, which has folders INTRO and Xarainfo, neither of which contains anything like templates or template folders. I've looked in all the available folders under XX4, and find nothing that looks like the stuff in the Clipart folder under Web Designer. Yet I can go into Xtreme, open a choice under the Clipart gallery, pick a design (just tried Monotone), and save it in a newly-created folder, then open it and work on it with XWD. So it's finding 'em somewhere ... but I can't find 'em to import!

Ken
    IP

Go to Clipart folder in XWD
    IP

While the website folder in XX4 appears empty, is does contain the templates.
    Import the whole file and you can work edit them just the same as the standard XWD templates.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Anderson View Post
    ...I can get to C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme 4\Clipart, which has folders INTRO and Xarainfo, neither of which contains anything like templates or template folders.
    Ken it sounds like you have the trial version of Xtreme 4.0 which does not have the templates (clipart).

You must install from the CD to get all the clipart, templates, fills, etc.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Hmmmm ... still doesn't make sense. I downloaded it, then registered it, and may not have gone and reloaded from CD ... so I'll have to look for it and do that. But that doesn't explain why all these templates are available to me from within the program. Could it be that they're hidden so I can't see 'em in my Windows Explorer, but XX4 sees 'em???

Thanks! I'll quit bothering you and start looking for my CD. I'll also try to download clip art from within XX4. Maybe I never did that?

Ken
    IP

They are not hidden folders on my system.

I do not recall if there was an option to install them to a different folder.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    They are not hidden folders on my system.

I do not recall if there was an option to install them to a different folder.
    I don't believe so either Bill, all clipart folders and contents are installed to the default folder as part of the Xtreme setup from the CD.
    My XXP4 clipart folder measures 223mb in total which is the same as the :\addon\data\Clipart folder on the Xtreme 4 CD
    IP