Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adding textures during installation

Hey, Guys...I am old to Photoshop, but new to this forum! I have searched forever for the answer to my question...maybe someone here can help.

I use Photoshop 7 because I like it best, although I have later versions.
    One time, several months ago, after installing Photoshop, and a bunch of my filters, I noticed something different had happened.
    When I opened the Textures filter, I had ALL my textures available. You know how, when you open Textures, you have like 5 choices. Then, when you open Texturizer, you have 5 more. I had dozens!
    I don't remember if they were directly under the Texture Filter, or were there when you opened Texturizer (but probaby under Texturizer).
    I have a folder of all these textures with the folders of all my other filters. I have since tried putting all the textures directly in plug-ins, and in a More Filters folder in plug-ins. I have put the folder with the textures just in the Photoshop directory....everything I can think of. Nothing has worked since!
    I would apprieciate it if anyone can tell me how to do this that I did by accident one time! It is very helpful to have them available like that.
    By the way, I tried a plug-in manager once...that did not seem to work well.
    Thanks for any suggestions you may have!
    IP

Default Re: Adding textures during installation

The only way I know of getting extra textures to show in that plug-in is to click on the load button at the bottom of the list of textures and then direct photoshop to the file.
    This is my link to the file loaded from version 7
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Presets\Textures
    I hope this helps.
    note these textures are included with Photoshop 7
    IP