Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New Blank Document On Opening

Quote Originally Posted by dogbertbh View Post
    If you see no page at all. You'll stay completely focused on the task at hand and get right to work.
    You have it in one. But it's really not a great issue, I was just wondering if anyone knew away of eleminating it.

If Xara didn't make such great software, and was your standard boring "run of the mill program", a bank page wouldn't be such a distraction .... lol
    IP

Is it a habbit from Photoshop?
    Actually, most software for Windows create empty document on start. The Adobe is from the different world, they don't care about common standards.
    John.
    IP

Hi John,

Yes, this is true that most windows programs have a blank doc as default when the program opens, however, alot of add-on software for windows have a "Program Preferences" like in Corel's Paint Shop Pro X12 or Auto Desk's CAD software, where you can stop the default page from opening.

Maybe just add this to the wish list for future developments.

But if you don't I'll still keep buying Xara's software, I currently have Menu Maker, Webstyle, Xara3D and Xtreme, and now Web Designer ( I think i'm only missing one, )

Danny
    IP

Well, you can remove all files from the Templates folder.
    John.
    IP

As a single example of an very standard application that allow starting without a blank document (or with any number of other options), consider Microsoft Excel. There are a number of startup options (setup via dialog settings, or command line switches). Note that there is independent reference to 1) a templates folder, and 2) a startup folder (documents/templates that should be considered on startup). Employing this structure, it wouldn't be necessary to empty the templates folder (causing other inconveniences).

Wouldn't it be easy (from a programming standpoint) to allow a '/e' (for "empty") startup parameter that could be added to the Target field (Shortcut tab) of the xWD shortcut properties?
    D:\Graphics\XaraWebDev\WebDesigner.exe /e
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    Wouldn't it be easy (from a programming standpoint) to allow a '/e' (for "empty") startup parameter that could be added to the Target field (Shortcut tab) of the xWD shortcut properties?
    D:\Graphics\XaraWebDev\WebDesigner.exe /e
    Hi Cursor,

Sorry mate, but you lost me completely, lol - PHP, ASP, HTML, Even Javascript I can get my head around - but actual programming thats out of my league.

It's food for thought for you tho. Maybe there might be a XWD "pro" on the horizon? Not only a WYSISYG Editor, but has provision to "Veiw/Edit Source Code" and a fully intergrated FTP/File Manager. (something like DZSoft's PHP Editor - simple yet effective)

The problem with making something as good Xara does, is that people expect more - The ONLY reward for good work is more work

Anyway enough of my rambling, thanks to all for all your help.

Cheers
    Danny
    IP

Sorry for the confusion, Danny. My comment was more for John (covoxer), who is a Xara programmer.
    IP