Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

While it's not quite as clever as FlySOLO's series, I was inspired by his work to come up with this.

.joroho.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sweetener.png 
Views:	372 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	2839  
    Wise men still seek Him.

While it's not quite as clever as FlySOLO's series, I was inspired by his work to come up with this.

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

joroho,
    Great work. The packaging looks just like the real thing. Help me if you can...did you painstakingly draw those fonts, or did you find them somewhere?
    ron
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Ron, For "Sweet 'n Low", I used a font that was reasonably close to theirs, but then had to painstakingly fit the text to the curved path, in some cases adjusting individual nodes. I couldn't find a way to make Xara do this easily for me. For "Equal", I simply traced their lettering, and then for my wife's name I used an installed font (I'm not real thrilled with my selection, but it was late and I wanted to finish the project, so this is what she got).

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

joroho,
    Yep. I know what you're talking about, I've had to do the same thing with a lot of my car logos and names. I was hoping you had a little secret that would eliminate all that work. But I sure don't know of any other avenues.
    Thanks for the reply,
    ron
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joroho:
    Ron, For "Sweet 'n Low", I used a font that was reasonably close to theirs, but then had to painstakingly fit the text to the curved path, in some cases adjusting individual nodes. I couldn't find a way to make Xara do this easily for me. For "Equal", I simply traced their lettering, and then for my wife's name I used an installed font (I'm not real thrilled with my selection, but it was late and I wanted to finish the project, so this is what she got).

.joroho. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joroho:
    While it's not quite as clever as FlySOLO's series, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it is sweet...

As sweet as...

chocolate covered sugar bombs....

BTW: Nice drawing there joroho!
    John/DOT

But you left out the newest and the SAFEST sweetner on the market today..... Splenda!!

Nice drawing there Joroho!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hate it!

I like my sweetener white - and by the table spoons...

Your illustration looks great though, Joroho. It looks just like the packages I avoid at work!

Two thumbs up!

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Risto Klint:I like my sweetener white - and by the table spoons... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yes please,

I will have a little tea with my cream and sugar...
    John/DOT

Splenda IS white. It's sugar with the calories removed and is even safe for diabetics to use! It does have one thing in common though (and it's not a weird taste left in your mouth and tounge), it's 200 times sweeter used in the same amount as a normal teaspoon of sugar. So a little goes a longgggg way!!

Don't poopoo it untill youv'e tried it people, I was just as sceptical and you know how picky I am!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---